Tuesday, November 25, 2008

making caps

I just completed my first round of cap making. This is only my second experience working with jersey/knit fabric, but it was much easier than I anticipated. 

1. I started with two clean, soft baseball tees. I turned them inside out and pinned down the pattern. I found then even on a small womens tee, I could cut for two caps. 
2. Once the pattern was cut, I repinned all the pieces. The tutorial says to cut on the bottom hem, I found that it was tricky to get it even on both sides. But in the end it didn't make a difference. 
3. I sewed 5/8" seam on all sides. I trimmed the seam, turned the caps right side out and finished my tying a knot at the top.


Jenny will be teaching a workshop on how to make the caps at our workshop on December 7th. If you are unable to join us, we encourage you to try the project at home! Caps can be sent directly to:

Mama to Mama
c/o SouleMama
PO Box 8190
Portland, ME 04104
USA

We want to thank you in advance for all your support!

creat. reflect. give back.
-Church of Craft Houston

No comments: